NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of the following stocks hit 52-week highs on Tuesday: Macy's (M), Pier One (PIR), Zumiez (ZUMZ), Tempur-Pedic (TPX), Tractor Supply (TSCO), Penske Automotive Group (PAG) and Hain Celestial (HAIN).
"With the My Macy's localization initiative (3rd inning) laying the foundation for growth and Omni-channel benefits (potential 200bps top-line and GPM driver over time) not fully in the numbers today (w/ SG&A spending baked in), we believe Macy's is just leaving port with 3-5 years of consistent double digit EPS growth given by top-line (3-5% SSS), margin expansion (2H12 GPM inflection) and a return of cash to shareholders (share repurchases/dividends)," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a March 12 report.
Shares of Macy's hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $41.26. The stock's 52-week low of $22.66 was set on Aug. 19.Macy's has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 10.76 times; the average for broad-line retailers is 20.85. For comparison, J.C. Penney (JCP) has a forward P/E of 12.22. Fifteen of the 19 analysts who cover Macy's rated it buy; four analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Macy's an A+ grade with a buy rating and $52.41 price target. The stock has risen 27.38% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV