Consumers across the country – 85 percent to be exact – have hard water 2. It can be costly, resulting in water heater inefficiencies and requiring more detergent and soap to get clothes and dishes clean.
GE is introducing a new water softener that not only reduces hard water, it also gives consumers the ability to easily monitor and adjust the softness of their water.
- The water softener features a new exclusive Custom Select™ blending valve. Because not everyone’s water softness preferences are the same, the valve allows households to adjust the softness of water to their liking by simply turning a knob located near the bypass valve.
- Ample softened water is never a concern with GE exclusive SmartSoft™ technology that learns a family’s water-use patterns in 30 days, ensuring there is soft water available when your family needs it.
- The water softener’s exclusive Salt Saver™ helps reduce salt consumption and uses up to 34 percent less salt.*
- Knowing when salt is needed is easy with GE’s easy-to-use “Days to Empty” indicator on the control panel that lets consumers know when to refill the salt tank.
- The water softener’s refreshed design includes a downward-angled salt refill opening that makes lifting and pouring in bagged salt easier for consumers.
“Research shows you can use 50 percent less detergent to wash clothes or run your dishwasher when you have softened water. Plus, softened water helps save money by reducing the need for hot water to clean laundry,” said Lisa Middleton, marketing manager for water programs. “Consumers may be unaware of how much hard water costs them in the form of cleaning supplies, hot water use and plumbing repairs. The GE ® water softener is designed to give consumers flexibility and help them avoid the consequences of hard water.”
Pricing and availabilityThe GE water softener will be available in April at Home Depot and other retailers. The estimated retail price range is $399- $699** depending on the model. The Custom Select blending valve, Salt Saver button, sediment filter and advanced system monitor are available on only the 40,000- and 45,000-grain models. For more information visit www.geappliances.com.Follow us on Facebook and Twitter or check out our website for more informationFriend GE Appliances on Facebook to view how-to videos; learn about new GE appliances, and join in the discussion with other GE appliance owners. Join today and follow @GE_Appliances on Twitter or just locate detailed information about our products at www.geappliances.com. About GE AppliancesGE Appliances is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better. For more information on GE Appliances, visit www.ge.com/appliances. Notes 1. Detergent Savings Studies, Water Quality Research Foundation, March 2011, http://www.wqa.org/pdf/pressreleases/detergents.study.pdf . 2. Water Quality Association (WQA), http://www.wqa.org/sitelogic.cfm?ID=472 . *Based on internal GE analysis. Versus GE water softeners manufactured prior to 2009. **Retailers set their own prices. Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/mmg.cgi?eid=50227528&lang=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV