MakeMusic Announces Garritan Composition Contest Winners
MakeMusic, Inc. (NASDAQ: MMUS) today announced the winners of the “Take Your Music Further with Garritan” composition contest. The contest highlights how Garritan software instruments make world-class sounds accessible to every composer. Contestants were invited to develop a musical theme to create a piece of music—using Garritan sounds—that evokes their dream travel destination.
The contest generated significant interest, resulting in the submission of more than 200 entries. Ten finalists were selected by online voting, and nearly 15,000 votes were cast.
Today MakeMusic announced the winners they selected from the finalists:
- Anthony O’Toole, of Media, Penn., won the grand prize for his composition “CA-91.”
- Bojan Hoover, of Minneapolis, Minn., received a runner-up prize for his composition “Sagarmatha.”
- Adam O'Dell of Dubuque, Iowa, received a runner-up prize for his composition “An Irish Morning.”
“We’ve been thrilled with both the volume and quality of contest entries,” said Karen van Lith, MakeMusic CEO. “The compositions were moving. Garritan’s gorgeous sounds coupled with amazing talent produced true art that we are proud to showcase.”To illustrate the ability of superior sounds to transport the creative process, the contest awards are travel-related. The grand prize is a $2,000 United Airlines gift card and $500 in spending money. Two runner-up prizes of $700 United Airlines gift cards will also be awarded. The winning compositions, contest details and complete rules appear at the contest site. More information about Garritan and other MakeMusic brands can be found at makemusic.com. About MakeMusic, Inc.MakeMusic ®, Inc. is a world leader in music technology whose mission is to develop and market solutions that transform how music is composed, taught, learned and performed. For more than 20 years, Finale ® has been the industry standard in music notation software, enabling composers, arrangers, musicians, teachers, students and publishers to create, edit, audition, print and publish musical scores. MakeMusic is also the creator of SmartMusic ® education software that is transforming the way students practice. With SmartMusic, students and teachers have access to thousands of band, orchestra and vocal pieces allowing students to practice with background accompaniment and get immediate feedback on their performance. SmartMusic allows teachers to individualize instruction and document the progress of every student. The SmartMusic® Inbox™, an Android™ and Apple ® mobile application, provides additional access for teachers to review, grade and comment on student assignments. MusicXML™ is an Internet-friendly way to publish musical scores, enabling musicians to distribute interactive sheet music online and to use sheet music files with a wide variety of musical applications. Garritan™ sound libraries provide musicians with state-of-the-art virtual instruments with the playback quality of a live performance. Additional information about this Minnesota company can be found at www.makemusic.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV