Astex Pharmaceuticals (ASTX) is a pharmaceutical company that engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel therapeutics with a focus on oncology and hematology. This stock is trading up 5.9% to $1.95 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.88-$2.0852-Week Range: $1.51-$3.35 Volume: 1 million Three-Month Average Volume: 615,998 Shares of ASTX are advancing nicely today after the company announced positive clinical data for subcutaneous SGI-110, which is novel hypomethylating agent. >>6 Hot Stocks on Traders' Radars From a technical perspective, ASTX is spiking sharply higher today and now flirting with both its 50-day moving average at $2.05 and its 200-day moving average at $2.14. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in ASTX if it can manage to clear both of those key moving averages, and break out above some major near-term overhead resistance at $2.20 with high-volume. Look for a sustained move and close above those levels that comes with volume that's near or above 615,998 shares. If we get that action soon, then ASTX has a good chance of re-testing its recent high at $2.95 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV