April 3, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- UrbanCode, the global leader in enterprise build, deploy and release automation, today announced the release of version 4.5 of its deployment automation software, uDeploy. The release incorporates a host of features born out of customer feedback that directly address the needs of uDeploy's users; increasing ease of use, and delivering unparalleled flexibility.
uDeploy 4.5 features enhancements to the workflow editor making it cleaner, easier to navigate and allows the configuration of more flexible workflows. Clear definition of remediation strategies is enabled by more robust handling of failure conditions.
Additionally, uDeploy 4.5 reduces configuration effort and enhances enterprise controls with shared configuration in the form of Component Templates. This feature allows users to reuse the same component process for many components, meaning less configuration, and more reliable deployments.
"The new features and improvements we're delivering in uDeploy 4.5 are truly taking deployment automation to the next level," said UrbanCode CEO,
. "What's exciting about uDeploy is seeing our customers automate their complex deployments; achieving faster time-to-market and a significant reduction in errors."
uDeploy 4.5 features:
- Redesigned Workflow Editor: Easy to model processes with splits and joins, conditional branching, automated remediation steps, and smoother navigation
- Component Templates: Configure less with greater reliability by creating reusable templates for components
- Artifact Retention Policy: Administrators can now set a number of days to keep artifacts that have not been involved in any deployment
- Configuration Verification: uDeploy reduces deployment failures by checking that all environmental settings are properly configured before attempting a deployment.
- New Plugin Version & Upgrade System: New Plugin Version & Upgrade System – Test and production instances now display the version of the plugin you're using and plugin versions are incremented on every update; not just when an API changes
- Include/Exclude Filters for SVN Imports: Imports: Specify which files and directories to import when a tag contains more artifacts than you need
- Updated In-Product Help System & PDF Documentation Set
For more information on uDeploy 4.5 please visit
UrbanCode enables organizations to deliver software to production servers faster (physical, virtual, or cloud); resulting in decreased time to market, and accelerated pace of innovation. uDeploy, our Deployment Automation product, establishes repeatable, error-free, scalable application deployment processes, and provides visibility into what version is where. AnthillPro, our Build Management product, establishes repeatable and traceable build processes for large organizations with hundreds or thousands of developers, and provides visibility into organizational best practices; allowing development teams to scale while maintaining quality. Our approach is to harness the innate capabilities of computers to handle repetitive tasks in an error-free manner, while providing valuable information that can be leveraged by people to engage in critical thinking, creativity, and problem solving.