Research In Motion
Unlikely as it may seem, a similar setup is shaping up in shares of Research in Motion (RIMM). RIMM has been Wall Street's whipping boy for a while now, and for good reason -- the firm's deteriorating business has been the biggest catalyst behind its 74% decline in the last 12 months.
So does the double bottom in RIMM scream "buy now" to investors?
Not just yet. RIMM's shares are still well below their own breakout level at $18 - they'd need to actually exceed that price for traders to be assured that the glut of supply of shares above $18 has been absorbed by buyers. Until that breakout level gets taken out, I'd recommend sitting on the sidelines.We are getting some bullish evidence from RIMM's momentum right now -- 14-day RSI has been in an uptrend since mid-December. Because RSI is a leading indicator of price, that's a good sign for RIMM buyers - but not a good enough sign to buy shares before they push above $18. While the level of RIMM hatred on Wall Street does send off some contrarian sparks, it only becomes a high-probability trade on a push above $18. Research In Motion, one of Greenlight Capital's holdings, shows up on a list of 10 Stocks Owned by the Best Fund Managers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV