Mitt Romney Hasn't Got It Locked Up Yet
Romney has struggled in deep red states and snapped up most of the typically Democratic-leaning states, but this scenario may prove to benefit the former governor for the November election.
"You could say it hurts Santorum, because Romney will win red states in November ... but the primaries are not indicative of the larger electorate," said the Republican pollster, who argues that very few independents vote in the primaries (the ones who do are typically more interested in GOP primaries) and the don't offer a large enough sample to get a good sense of how they'll turn out in the general election.
Romney is the clear frontrunner in the race and most conditions foresee a likely nomination, but a clean sweep wouldn't give him that title until almost June.
-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York.>Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV