WORCESTER, Mass. and TORONTO, April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Generex Biotechnology Corporation (OTCBB: GNBT.OB) announced today that the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) chose to spotlight a presentation on data from the ongoing clinical trial of AE37, an immunotherapeutic vaccine to prevent relapse in patients who have had breast cancer being developed by Antigen Express, in a press conference. The annual AACR meeting is one of the largest national cancer conferences in the US, highlighting the most significant advances in all areas of cancer research. It is being held this year from March 31 to April 4 at McCormick Place in Chicago, Il.
The specific presentation highlighted by the AACR is entitled: "Immune response assessment in a phase II trial of AE37 HER2 peptide vaccine" by Dr. Diane Hale et al. The abstract will be available for viewing Tuesday April 3rd from 8 AM to 12 PM. The study examined patients from the controlled, randomized trial of AE37 for immunological response to the vaccine. AE37 consists of a fragment of the HER2 protein modified by proprietary means to increase potency in generating a specific immune response to HER2 expressing cancer cells. The key findings from the study are that patients receiving AE37 indeed developed a specific immune response as indicated by an increase in circulating T cells in their blood specific for the HER2 fragment as well as a positive skin test (delayed type hypersensitivity). In addition, patients receiving AE37 demonstrated a reduction in T regulatory cells, which are know to be able to hamper an immune response.
The AACR press conference was held Monday April 2nd. Dr. Hale gave a brief oral presentation of the study followed by a question and answer period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV