CLEVELAND, April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- When there's important news to share, people nowadays reach for their cell phones to send a text, a Facebook message or email. These communication channels have also become one of the fastest ways to get the word out about an important cause. And it's precisely why the socially-savvy justWink app by American Greetings Corporation (NYSE: AM) partnered with TOMS One Day Without Shoes event—to help spread the word about the impact a pair of shoes can have on a child's life. Since the two brands joined forces, it's been a partnership made in app heaven.
On April 10, 2012, TOMS asks people everywhere to raise awareness for the millions of children around the world who live without proper footwear. The concept is pretty simple—take off your shoes and when people ask about it, tell them why. Tell them how these children are exposed to injury and disease. Tell them that it prevents children from attending school in hopes of finding a way to have a better life.
To spread the word for this important cause, the popular justWink iPhone and Android app created a collection of eight special edition app cards that not only remind people about the actual event, but how easy it is to take proper footwear for granted. justWink and TOMS also integrated these cards into the official One Day Without Shoes app to make April 10 event planning even more simple. justWink will also be adding new cards for participants to share their experience the day of the event.
"We know our fans really love being able to make a difference in the world and one of the big ways they can make their voice heard is through their social networks," said Rob Matousek brand manager for the justWink app. "We're thrilled to be partnered with TOMS to support One Day Without Shoes and to help people use our apps and cards to connect over this great cause."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV