ANNAPOLIS, Md., April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- PharmAthene, Inc. (NYSE Amex: PIP) today announced that it has secured $7.5 million in senior secured credit facilities from GE Capital, Healthcare Financial Services consisting of a $2.5 million term loan and a revolving line of credit of up to $5 million.
Linda L. Chang, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, commented, "We are very pleased to partner with GE Capital – a recognized leader in healthcare financing. This financing further strengthens our balance sheet and provides us with increased flexibility to manage our working capital requirements."
"Our expected 2012 monthly cash burn is less than $500,000 per month based on currently projected activities on our contracts," Ms. Chang continued. "Given that PharmAthene had $19.2 million in cash and cash equivalents, short term investments, and net receivables as of December 31, 2011, this financing provides an additional liquidity cushion until the time in 2013 when we anticipate receiving final resolution of the litigation with SIGA Technologies."
For a summary of the terms of the credit facility, see the Company's Current Report on Form 8-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on the date hereof.About PharmAthene, Inc.
PharmAthene was formed to meet the critical needs of the United States and its allies by developing and commercializing medical countermeasures against biological and chemical weapons. PharmAthene's lead product development programs include:
- SparVax™ – a second generation recombinant protective antigen (rPA) anthrax vaccine
- Valortim® – a fully human monoclonal antibody for the prevention and treatment of anthrax infection
- Recombinant BChE – a novel bioscavenger for the prevention and treatment of morbidity and mortality associated with exposure to chemical nerve agents
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV