SEATTLE, April 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced that Webair, a global leader in web hosting and managed services for companies of all sizes, has deployed EMC® Isilon® scale-out NAS to provide its clients with reliable, fast, easily scaled cloud storage. The EMC Isilon X-Series was deployed to replace its legacy storage systems, which were costly to acquire and cumbersome to maintain. As Webair's customer base and Big Data storage needs grew, the company needed an easier, more flexible and cost-effective storage infrastructure. By implementing EMC Isilon, Webair is saving money and offering more flexible, automated storage services to clients.
- Reduced costs – By deploying Isilon, Webair was able to eliminate 100 legacy storage systems in its data center, saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures as well as in electricity and other costs.
- Flexible storage services for clients – Webair clients pay only for the storage they use and can easily increase capacity as needed, which saves them money and makes Webair's client offerings more competitive.
- Improved performance – Isilon outperformed the legacy storage systems, especially when processing large client files such as streaming video.
- Easy scalability – Isilon scale-out architecture and software enables Webair to seamlessly manage an increase of hundreds of terabytes every year with no additional staff required.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
Prior to the deployment of the EMC Isilon-based Webair Cloud Storage Service, each Webair client was provided a dedicated storage system. To accomplish full redundancy, standby appliances and more complex configurations were often required. This legacy configuration created additional management overhead and resource requirements, given the large number of storage systems Webair had deployed. Once Webair converted clients to its new Cloud Storage Service, built on an Isilon infrastructure, the company was able to remove all the capacity and speed limitations associated with standalone systems, reduce data center power and cooling draw, and provide clients with a more scalable and redundant solution, thus reducing customers' costs and its own operating expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV