American Science and Engineering, Inc. (“AS&E”) (NASDAQ: ASEI), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, introduces today ASE LearnTM, a web-based training tool that enhances AS&E’s training programs to create a comprehensive, cost-effective, and flexible training solution for cargo, parcel, and vehicle inspection systems. ASE Learn is available for demonstration at AS&E’s GovSec Expo booth #2709.
“We are committed to supporting our customers with convenient and comprehensive training technologies to complement the ease-of-use of our X-ray inspection systems,” said Anthony Fabiano, AS&E’s President and CEO. “Our new web-based training tool, ASE Learn, goes beyond the basics by providing system operators with educational resources that are accessible anytime and anywhere. ASE Learn is an essential tool that enhances an operator’s performance in their critical missions to protect ports, borders, checkpoints, critical infrastructure, and high threat facilities.”
ASE Learn provides customers with:
- Web-based Training: Virtual instructor-led training and simulation modules delivered through a learning management system. All training modules are accessible anywhere and anytime via the internet in a Web-Based Training (WBT) platform which is both modular and self-paced.
- Pre-Evaluation: ASE Learn creates a customized learning plan based on prerequisite modules which minimizes unnecessary time spent on evaluation of trainee skills.
- Centralized, Automated Administration: Automatic record maintenance and scheduling, with calendars, catalogs, email notifications, preconfigured and customizable progress reports, and access to online exams and certification.
- Customization: Ability to include customer’s training materials and to customize the online platform.
- Reference Library: Library of modules available at all times for reference or refresher training, to increase retention of training materials.
More information about ASE Learn can be found at www.as-e.com/aselearn.About AS&E American Science and Engineering, Inc. (AS&E) is a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray inspection systems. With over 50 years of experience in developing advanced X-ray security systems, the Company’s product line utilizes a combination of technologies, including Z Backscatter™ technology, Radioactive Threat Detection (RTD), high energy transmission and dual energy transmission X-ray. These technologies offer superior X-ray threat detection for plastic explosives, plastic weapons, liquid explosives, dirty bombs and nuclear devices. AS&E’s complete range of products include cargo inspection systems for port and border security, baggage screening systems for facility and aviation security, and personnel and passenger screening systems. AS&E ® systems protect high-threat facilities and help combat terrorism, trade fraud, drug smuggling, weapon smuggling, illegal immigration, and people smuggling. AS&E customers include leading government agencies, border authorities, military bases, airports and corporations worldwide, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Department of Defense (DoD), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), UK Border Agency (UKBA), Hong Kong Customs, and Abu Dhabi Customs. For more information on AS&E products and technologies, please visit www.as-e.com. Safe Harbor Statement : The foregoing press release contains statements concerning AS&E’s financial performance, markets and business operations that may be considered “forward-looking” under applicable securities laws. AS&E wishes to caution readers of this press release that actual results might differ materially from those projected in any forward-looking statements. Factors which might cause actual results to differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements contained herein include the following: significant reductions, delays or cancellations (in full or in part) in procurements of the Company’s systems by the United States and other governments; disruption in the supply of any source component incorporated into AS&E's products; litigation seeking to restrict the use of intellectual property used by the Company; limitations under certain laws on the Company’s ability to protect its own intellectual property; potential product liability claims against the Company; global political trends and events which affect public perception of the threat presented by drugs, explosives and other contraband; global economic developments and the ability of governments and private organizations to fund purchases of the Company’s products to address such threats; the potential insufficiency of Company resources, including human resources, capital, plant and equipment and management systems, to accommodate any future growth; technical problems and other delays that could impact new product development and the Company’s ability to adapt to changes in technology and customer requirements; competitive pressures; lengthy sales cycles both in United States government procurement and procurement abroad; future delays in federal funding, the market price of the company's stock prevailing from time to time, the nature of other investment opportunities presented to the company from time to time, the company's cash flows from operations and market and general economic conditions. These and certain other factors which might cause actual results to differ materially from those projected are detailed from time to time in AS&E’s periodic reports and registration statements filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which important factors are incorporated herein by reference. AS&E undertakes no obligation to update forward looking statements to reflect changed assumptions, the occurrence of unanticipated events, or changes in future operating results, financial condition or business over time. Readers are further advised to review the “Risk Factors” set forth in the Company’s most recent Form 10-Q and Form 10-K , which further detail and supplement the factors described in this Safe Harbor Statement. Among other disclosures, the Risk Factors disclose risks pertaining to that portion of the Company’s business that is dependent on United States government contracting as well as international customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV