International real estate investment and services firm Kennedy Wilson (NYSE: KW) today announced that KW Residential, LLC, the company’s unconsolidated Japanese venture, refinanced part of its multifamily portfolio in the amount of $80 million at a 1.61% interest rate, fixed for five years. Mitsubishi UFJ provided the financing.
“We were able to lock in favorable rates on the portfolio with significant positive leverage,” said Matt Windisch, executive vice president of Kennedy Wilson. “This financing helps to create substantial current cash flow on the portfolio, which is presently running at 97% occupancy.”
Within the last 18 months, KW Residential, LLC completed new loans totaling $327 million at an average fixed interest rate of 2.01% and a weighted average maturity of June 2016. All of the portfolio loans are held by Japanese megabanks including Mitsubishi UFJ, SMBC, and Mizuho Bank.
Kennedy Wilson has been active in Japanese real estate since 1992, and in 2002, one of the company’s former subsidiaries became one of the first U.S. real estate companies to go public in Japan.About Kennedy Wilson Founded in 1977, Kennedy Wilson is an international real estate investment and services company headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, with 23 offices in the U.S., Europe and Japan. The company offers a comprehensive array of real estate services including auction, conventional sales, property services and investment management. Through its fund management and separate account businesses, Kennedy Wilson is a strategic investor of real estate investments in the U.S., Europe and Japan. For further information on Kennedy Wilson, please visit www.kennedywilson.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV