Select Medical Holdings Corporation Stock Downgraded (SEM)
- SEM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SELECT MEDICAL HOLDINGS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.72 versus $0.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.90 versus $0.72).
- In its most recent trading session, SEM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.72 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, SEM's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.11, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.