Matthews International Corporation Stock Upgraded (MATW)
- MATW's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Consumer Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MATTHEWS INTL CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- MATTHEWS INTL CORP's earnings per share declined by 11.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MATTHEWS INTL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.46 versus $2.31 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.57 versus $2.46).
- 39.20% is the gross profit margin for MATTHEWS INTL CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MATW's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.20% trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts