- the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (the "OCC") and other bank regulators may require us to further modify or change our mix of assets, including our concentration in certain types of loans, or require us to take further remedial actions;
- the results of the investigation of A.R. Schmeidler & Co., Inc. by the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC") and the possibility that our management's attention will be diverted to the SEC investigation and we will incur costs and further legal expenses;
- our intent and ability to pay quarterly cash dividends to shareholders in light of our earnings, the current and future economic environment and Federal Reserve Board guidance;
- regulatory limitations on dividends payable by Hudson Valley or Hudson Valley Bank;
- the possibility that we may need to raise additional capital in the future and our ability to raise such capital on terms that are favorable to us;
- further increases in our non-performing loans and allowance for loan losses;
- ineffectiveness in managing our commercial real estate portfolio;
- lower than expected future performance of our investment portfolio;
- a lack of opportunities for growth, plans for expansion (including opening new branches) and increased or unexpected competition in attracting and retaining customers;
- continued poor economic conditions generally and in our market area in particular, which may adversely affect the ability of borrowers to repay their loans and the value of real property or other property held as collateral for such loans;
- lower than expected demand for our products and services;
- possible impairment of our goodwill and other intangible assets;
- our inability to manage interest rate risk;
- increased expense and burdens resulting from the regulatory environment in which we operate and our ability to comply with existing and future regulatory requirements;
- our inability to maintain regulatory capital above the levels required by the OCC, for Hudson Valley Bank and the levels required for us to be "well-capitalized", or such higher capital levels as may be required;
- proposed legislative and regulatory action may adversely affect us and the financial services industry;
- legislative and regulatory actions (including the impact of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and related regulations) may subject us to additional regulatory oversight which may result in increased compliance costs and/or require us to change our business model;
- future increased Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, or FDIC, special assessments or changes to regular assessments;
- potential liabilities under federal and state environmental laws and our intent and ability to pay quarterly cash dividends to shareholders.
Hudson Valley Holding Corp. Gains $16 Million On Successful Completion Of Previously Announced Loan Sales
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.