The Empire District Electric Company (NYSE:EDE) announced today that it has entered into a Bond Purchase Agreement, dated as of April 2, 2012, for a private placement of $88,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its 3.58% First Mortgage Bonds due 2027. The first settlement of $38,000,000 occurred today, and a second settlement of $50,000,000 is anticipated to occur on or about June 1, 2012. The bonds will mature on April 2, 2027. Interest is payable semi-annually on the bonds on each April 2 and October 2, commencing October 2, 2012.
The bonds may be redeemed, at the Company’s option, at any time prior to maturity, at par plus a make whole premium, together with accrued and unpaid interest, if any, to the redemption date.
The terms of the bonds are set forth in the Bond Purchase Agreement, dated as of April 2, 2012, by and among the Company and the purchasers named therein, and the Thirty-Eighth Supplemental Indenture of Mortgage and Deed of Trust dated as of April 2, 2012, by and among the Company and The Bank of New York Mellon Trust Company, N.A., as principal trustee, and UMB Bank & Trust, N.A., as Missouri trustee.
The Company expects to use the proceeds from the sale of the bonds to redeem (1) all $74,829,000 aggregate principal amount of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 7.00% Series due 2024, (2) all $5,200,000 of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 5.20% Pollution Control Series due 2013, and (3) all $8,000,000 of the Company’s First Mortgage Bonds, 5.30% Pollution Control Series due 2013.The bonds have not been registered under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. This Press Release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV