Shares of the diversified industrial company hit a 52-week high Monday of $56.45. The stock's 52-week low of $39.34 was set on Oct. 4.Danaher's stock trades at a forward P/E of 15.24X; the average for diversified industrials companies is 12.99X. For comparison, General Electric (GE) and 3M (MMM) have lower forward P/Es of 11.37X and 12.92X, respectively. Nineteen of the 24 analyst who cover Danaher rate it at buy. Four analysts give the stock a hold rating and one rates it at sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Danaher an A+ grade with a buy rating and $63.56 price target.
Hubbell Shares of Hubbell hit a 52-week high of $80.45. The stock's 52-week low of $46.81 was set on Oct. 4. Hubbell's stock trades at a forward P/E of 14.59X; the average for electrical components is 13.64X. For comparison, Jabil (JBL) and Avnet (AVT) both have lower forward P/Es of 8.42X and 8.04X, respectively. Seven of the 10 analysts who cover Hubbell rated it buy; three analysts gave the stock a hold rating. Analyst comment: "HUBB reported an acquisition pipeline with more actionable opportunities than ever (maintaining bias to bolt-ons), and noted orders are at or above expectations (broad-based), and based on current trends we would anticipate 2012 revenue growth more at the high end of 4-6% guidance," Oppenheimer analysts wrote in a March 1 report. "HUBB is clearly increasingly focused on international growth opportunities, anchored by Power Systems' manufacturing facilities in Brazil and China, and Electrical Systems' engineering and back-office services center in India." TheStreet Ratings gives Hubbell an A grade with a buy rating and $89.70 price target.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV