Anika Therapeutics (ANIK) is a provider of carrier-class voice over Internet protocol and convergence solutions for fixed and wireless communication service providers. This stock is trading up 6.3% at $13.30 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 91,000Average Volume: 68,829 Volume % Change: 83% From a technical perspective, ANIK is soaring today on above average volume, and the stock is now printing new 52-week highs. This move has now triggered a major breakout trade for ANIK since the stock is moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $12.95 with high-volume. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in ANIK as long as it's trending above $12.95 with strong upside volume flows. If we continue to see that action, then watch for ANIK to trade up towards $15 or higher in the near future. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV