Affymax (AFFY) is a biopharmaceutical company developing drugs to improve the treatment of serious and often life-threatening conditions. Its product candidate, Hematide (peginesatide), is designed to treat anemia associated with chronic renal failure. The stock is trading up 4.3% at $12.25 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 1.65 millionAverage Volume: 1.53 million Volume % Change: 120% >>7 Cancer Drug Stocks to Know Right Now From a technical perspective, AFFY is bouncing today near some previous support at $11.18 with heavy volume. The stock is also managing to hold above its 50-day moving average of $10.63, after shares just pulled back sharply off its recent high of $16.25. Traders should now look for long-biased trades if AFFY can manage to close near its daily highs. At last check, AFFY has printed a high of $12.49. If we get that action, then look for AFFY to move through $13 and trend higher in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV