Theravance (THRX) is a biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of internally discovered product candidates and strategic collaborations with pharmaceutical companies. This stock is trading up 17.9% at $23 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 849,000Average Volume: 689,326 Volume % Change: 222% Shares of THRX are soaring today on news that partner GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) plans to increase its stake in the biotech group from 18.3% to 26.8%. From a technical perspective, THRX is ripping higher today on above average volume. This move is quickly pushing THRX within range of triggering a big breakout trade. That trade will hit once THRX takes out some past overhead resistance levels at $24.27 to $25.40 with high-volume. Traders should look for long-biased trades if THRX can manage to move and close above those levels on volume that's near or well above 689,326 shares. If we get that action soon, watch for THRX to re-test its next significant overhead resistance levels at $27 to $28.95 in the near future. Theravance is one of the top holdings of Seth Klarman's Baupost Group, which has a 14.2 million-share position in the stock as of the most recently reported quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV