NEW YORK -- Groupon's (GRON) revision of its first set of financial results as a public company is being examined by the Securities and Exchange Commission, a report said.
The SEC's probe into the online deal company is at a preliminary stage and the SEC hasn't yet decided whether to launch a formal investigation into the matter, a person familiar with the situation told The Wall Street Journal.
Groupon revised its reported fourth-quarter results lower and said its independent auditor determined it has a "material weakness" in its internal controls.
Automakers including Ford (F) and General Motors (GM)on Tuesday are expected to announce U.S. sales figures for March. Apple's New iPad Tops Consumer Ratings
Avon Products (AVP) rejected an unsolicited $10 billion bid from privately held beauty company Coty on Monday, saying the offer wasn't in the best interest of its shareholders. But terms of the offer, and an immediate rejection to the bid by Avon , indicate that a breakup or a price increase to the offer rest on whether Avon will agree to open takeover discussions with Coty. 10 Stocks That Boosted First-Quarter Mutual Fund Returns
Earnings are expected Tuesday from Comverse Technology (CMVT), Conn's (CONN), International Speedway (ISCA). 5 Bank Stock Winners for the First Quarter
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV