The following commentary comes from an independent investor or market observer as part of TheStreet's guest contributor program, which is separate from the company's news coverage.
NEW YORK ( Trefis) -- There are conflicting views floating in the market from two big brokerage firms on DirecTV's (DTV) stock. While Nomura Securities is maintaining a "reduce" rating with a $32 price target, Citigroup has 'buy' rating with a $59 price target. Citigroup is positive on DirecTV as it feels that the growth in Latin America is undervalued. We agree with this sentiment.
Our price estimate for DirecTV stands at $53, implying a premium of about 10% to the market price. A big portion of this price estimate is DirecTV's Latin American business. This is something that puts it in a better position compared to rival Dish Network (DISH).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV