HARTFORD, Conn., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Virtus Total Return Fund (NYSE: DCA) announced that its dividend distribution for the first quarter of 2012 will be $0.050 per share, payable on April 19, 2012, to shareholders of record on April 12, 2012 (ex-date April 10, 2012).
Distributions may represent earnings from net investment income, excess gains taxable as ordinary income or, if necessary, return of capital. The tax status of the fund's distributions is determined at the end of the taxable year.
Virtus Total Return Fund is a diversified closed-end fund with an objective of total return, consisting of both capital appreciation and current income, as determined by the fund's investment adviser, Virtus Investment Advisers, Inc. The fund has been managed since December 9, 2011 by Duff & Phelps Investment Management Co. and Newfleet Asset Management, LLC., both affiliated managers of Virtus Investment Partners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV