- The Thailand floods have caused reinsurers to seek greater transparency and control particularly over contingent business interruption. It may take a number of years until final numbers are determined, but the technical and psychological impact of this loss on the global insurance industry will far outweigh the ultimate financial loss for years to come.
- Reinsurers are applying tighter limits on natural perils, including lower event limits on pro rata treaties.
- In an improving rating environment, new capital continues to be drawn to the global insurance industry, but on a different basis than previously. The traditional model of starting up companies post-major events appears to be falling out of favor. Investors are now concentrating on accessing the purest forms of (re)insurance risks through specialist funds and other structures.
- Mergers and acquisitions remain active, notwithstanding the uncertain economic backdrop and the challenge of low valuations which remains a hurdle for deal completion.
Willis Re: Lower Loss Activity And Market Support For Improvement In Rating Levels Boosts Reinsurers’ Start To 2012
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.