LodgeNet Launches Industry's First Interactive Program Guide That Delivers An "At Home" TV Experience Without A Set-Top Box
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LNET), the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to hospitality and healthcare businesses and the consumers they serve, today introduced an industry-first Interactive Program Guide (IPG) solution that provides "browse and select" channel switching without the need for SmartTVs or in-room set-top boxes (STBs). The solution's networked architecture delivers superior performance and greatly reduces costs while delivering the "at home" TV experience today's guests demand.
"With interactive program guides now a standard of in-home TV viewing, guests no longer tolerate fumbling around the room for a printed channel list that may or may not be up to date; they want the same real-time program information and convenience in the guest room that they enjoy at home," said Paul Johnson, Vice President of Product Management for LodgeNet. "Up until now, putting an IPG on the guest room TV has been costly and complicated due largely to the hardware required; but with our new solution many hoteliers can provide this amenity through the LodgeNet-compatible televisions they already have, without installing extra hardware in their rooms."
The LodgeNet IPG solution enhances the guest room TV experience with:
- Fast performance. A highly responsive user interface allows the guests to select the programming they wish to view and instantly switch to that channel.
- Easy, familiar operation. Guests click the GUIDE button on the remote to call up the IPG, and navigate with "scroll and select" navigation similar to IPGs at home.
- Program descriptions. Hovering over a program displays a short description.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV