SIOUX FALLS, S.D., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- LodgeNet Interactive Corporation (Nasdaq: LNET), the leading provider of interactive media and connectivity services to hospitality and healthcare businesses and the consumers they serve, today introduced an industry-first Interactive Program Guide (IPG) solution that provides "browse and select" channel switching without the need for SmartTVs or in-room set-top boxes (STBs). The solution's networked architecture delivers superior performance and greatly reduces costs while delivering the "at home" TV experience today's guests demand.
"With interactive program guides now a standard of in-home TV viewing, guests no longer tolerate fumbling around the room for a printed channel list that may or may not be up to date; they want the same real-time program information and convenience in the guest room that they enjoy at home," said Paul Johnson, Vice President of Product Management for LodgeNet. "Up until now, putting an IPG on the guest room TV has been costly and complicated due largely to the hardware required; but with our new solution many hoteliers can provide this amenity through the LodgeNet-compatible televisions they already have, without installing extra hardware in their rooms."
The LodgeNet IPG solution enhances the guest room TV experience with:
- Fast performance. A highly responsive user interface allows the guests to select the programming they wish to view and instantly switch to that channel.
- Easy, familiar operation. Guests click the GUIDE button on the remote to call up the IPG, and navigate with "scroll and select" navigation similar to IPGs at home.
- Program descriptions. Hovering over a program displays a short description.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV