MILWAUKEE, April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Controls, a global diversified company in the building and automotive industries, today announced the release of its latest Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) online sustainability report. The online matrix provides a detailed review of the company's environmental, social and governance performance over the past year.
The matrix complements the company's 2011 Business and Sustainability Report, which was released in January. The GRI reporting framework provides companies with a uniform and transparent set of metrics to systematically report on sustainability initiatives and results.
"For more than 125 years, Johnson Controls has offered products and services to help make our customers' businesses and operations more sustainable," said Charles A. Harvey, vice president of diversity and public affairs at Johnson Controls. "We focus on our own environmental performance and community programs with the same discipline we apply to working with customers. The GRI matrix clearly communicates our current initiatives in all these areas, as well as our long-term commitment to sustainability."
Over the past year, Johnson Controls was recognized with the following distinctions in sustainability and corporate citizenship:
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine ranked Johnson Controls #1 among the "100 Best Corporate Citizens."
- SAM, a sustainability investment asset management firm, rated the company with its Silver Class sustainability rating in the auto parts and tires category in their annual Sustainability Yearbook.
- Ethisphere, a think-tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability, listed Johnson Controls for the sixth consecutive year as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies".
- Corporate Knights ranked Johnson Controls as one of the "Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World" for the third consecutive year.
- Corporate Research Foundation Institute named Johnson Controls as a " China 2012 Top Employer" for excellence in human relations management.