3. First Midwest Bancorp
Shares of First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI) of Itasca, Ill., closed at $11.98 Friday, returning 18% year-to-date, following a 12% decline during 2011.
The shares trade for 12 times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of $1.02.
Jefferies analyst Emlen Harmon on Monday raised his price target for First Midwest to $14 from $13, while lowering his 2012 EPS estimate to 70 cents from 75 cents, and lowering his 2013 estimate to $$1.10 to $1.15.Jefferies said that "progress on credit should be the focal point of the quarter, as the company shifts into growth mode," and that although "it could take a quarter or two for growth to show meaningfully," the firm expects "total loan growth to turn positive this quarter." The consensus among analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for First Midwest to report first-quarter earnings of 13 cents a share, compared to five cents a share during the fourth quarter and 10 cents a share, during the first quarter of 2011. Harmon is slightly ahead of the consensus, estimating first-quarter EPS of 14 cents. Interested in more on first Midwest Bancorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV