AUSTIN, Texas, April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HomeAway, Inc. (NASDAQ: AWAY), the world's largest online marketplace for vacation rentals, today announced its acquisition of Top Rural S.L. (dba Toprural®), the leading site for independently-owned rural accommodations in Southern Europe, in an all cash transaction. The site, www.toprural.com, incorporates both bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals, which reflects the core of HomeAway's inventory. As of December 31, 2011, Toprural had more than 11,600 paid listings and approximately 29,900 free listings in rural France, Spain, Italy and Portugal.
The acquisition of Toprural broadens HomeAway's reach within the European market. It also adds inventory that appeals to a desirable European traveler segment that seeks long weekend getaways to small towns or countryside destinations as an escape from the city.
"Adding Toprural's unique lodging options to our international network of vacation rentals supports our mission of making every vacation rental and bed and breakfast in the world easily available to every traveler," says HomeAway® chief executive officer Brian Sharples. "We are thrilled to have Toprural in our family so more vacationers than ever have the opportunity to stay together and experience rural Europe."Founded in Madrid in 2000 by Francois Derbaix, the site operates in eight languages, including Spanish, Portuguese, French, Catalan and Dutch and features accommodations varying from farmhouses in Tuscany to fincas in Mallorca, Spain. "At Toprural, we share HomeAway's belief that where you stay on vacation is as important as where you go," says Toprural founder Francois Derbaix. "We are not only excited to introduce HomeAway's traveler base to the joys of rural travel, but we're also thrilled by the increased visibility we can deliver to Toprural customers by joining HomeAway's unparalleled network of sites."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV