Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO) announced today that its subsidiaries have acquired more than 1,300 U.S. and foreign patents in five separate transactions. The patents are applicable to wireless handset and infrastructure technologies, e-commerce, mobile applications, video delivery and security, and originated at some of the leading technology firms in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Financial terms of the transactions are not being disclosed. With these transactions, Pendrell now holds more than 1,500 issued patents worldwide, with hundreds of additional patent applications pending.
The patent portfolios acquired in these transactions cover critical technologies such as:
- LTE, CDMA, HSPA, UMTS, WiFi, WiMAX, Bluetooth and other wireless technologies.
- E-commerce software, mobile applications, mobile operating systems, location based services, gaming, and virtual environments.
- Video streaming, video compression and gaming applications.
- Security technologies involving access control, authentication, tracking and encryption.
“These patents greatly enhance Pendrell’s portfolio in technological areas that will be important for years to come,” commented Ben Wolff, chief executive officer for Pendrell. “Our approach has been to obtain rights to key, strategic innovations which benefit our partners, customers and shareholders. The inventions we have acquired are being used today by a wide range of leading handset, tablet, computer and consumer electronics manufacturers, online retailers, content providers, infrastructure vendors and network operators. With the world-class team we have assembled and our growing patent portfolio, we will continue to accelerate and expand our strategic partnering and licensing programs worldwide.”
About Pendrell CorporationPendrell Corporation, through its subsidiary, Pendrell Technologies, is a fully-integrated intellectual property (IP) investment and advisory services firm. Pendrell Technologies develops and implements strategies to acquire, commercialize, and license IP. Pendrell is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles and Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.pendrell.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV