Pendrell Corporation (NASDAQ: PCO) announced today that its subsidiaries have acquired more than 1,300 U.S. and foreign patents in five separate transactions. The patents are applicable to wireless handset and infrastructure technologies, e-commerce, mobile applications, video delivery and security, and originated at some of the leading technology firms in the U.S., Europe and Asia. Financial terms of the transactions are not being disclosed. With these transactions, Pendrell now holds more than 1,500 issued patents worldwide, with hundreds of additional patent applications pending.
The patent portfolios acquired in these transactions cover critical technologies such as:
- LTE, CDMA, HSPA, UMTS, WiFi, WiMAX, Bluetooth and other wireless technologies.
- E-commerce software, mobile applications, mobile operating systems, location based services, gaming, and virtual environments.
- Video streaming, video compression and gaming applications.
- Security technologies involving access control, authentication, tracking and encryption.
“These patents greatly enhance Pendrell’s portfolio in technological areas that will be important for years to come,” commented Ben Wolff, chief executive officer for Pendrell. “Our approach has been to obtain rights to key, strategic innovations which benefit our partners, customers and shareholders. The inventions we have acquired are being used today by a wide range of leading handset, tablet, computer and consumer electronics manufacturers, online retailers, content providers, infrastructure vendors and network operators. With the world-class team we have assembled and our growing patent portfolio, we will continue to accelerate and expand our strategic partnering and licensing programs worldwide.”
About Pendrell CorporationPendrell Corporation, through its subsidiary, Pendrell Technologies, is a fully-integrated intellectual property (IP) investment and advisory services firm. Pendrell Technologies develops and implements strategies to acquire, commercialize, and license IP. Pendrell is headquartered in Kirkland, Washington, with offices in Berkeley, Los Angeles and Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.pendrell.com.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts