GLENVIEW, Ill., April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Anixter International Inc. (NYSE: AXE), a leading global distributor of communication and security products, electrical and electronic wire & cable, fasteners and other small parts, today announced that on March 29, 2012, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division, granted the Company's motion to dismiss the purported securities class action suit brought against the Company by Plaintiffs Garden City Employees' Retirement System et al. The case was dismissed in its entirety with prejudice, resulting in a termination of all claims.
"We are pleased with the Court's ruling to dismiss the shareholder lawsuit as it was our belief from the beginning that this case had no foundation," said Robert Eck, President and CEO of Anixter. "We have always been proud of our strong, disciplined external reporting and disclosure processes, so it is rewarding to see that the Court has rejected the plaintiffs' unfounded claims."
Anixter International is a leading global distributor of communication and security products, electrical and electronic wire & cable, fasteners and other small parts. The company adds value to the distribution process by providing its customers access to 1) innovative inventory management programs; 2) more than 450,000 products and over $1.0 billion in inventory; 3) 225 warehouses with approximately 7 million square feet of space; and 4) locations in over 260 cities in more than 50 countries. Founded in 1957 and headquartered near Chicago, Anixter trades on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AXE.Additional information about Anixter is available on the Internet at www.anixter.com SOURCE Anixter International Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV