BAF, a wholly owned subsidiary of Clean Energy Fuels Corp. (Nasdaq: CLNE), today announced the company has received CARB (California Air Resources Board) Executive Orders (EO) for its CNG-powered 2012 Ford F-Series 250/350 pickups and E-Series 250/350 vans.
The CARB EOs allow the vehicles to be sold and operated in California, the state with the most stringent emissions control rules, effective immediately, as well as in sixteen other states that follow CARB rules. In effect, the CNG-fueled Ford F-Series 250/350 pickups and E-Series 250/350 vans will now be available in all 50 states.
F-Series 250/350 pickups are a popular choice for fleet operators, particularly on the Eastern seaboard. Many of these states have opted to apply CARB standards to natural gas vehicles. BAF is the first CNG converter in the country to achieve CARB certification for its F-Series pickups.
The CNG-powered BAF E-250/350 vans — already in wide use by service providers like AT&T and Super Shuttle — have been CARB-certified since 2007. The new CARB EO extends the certification to include the 2012 model year.“Our new CARB certifications provide an important opportunity for BAF as we continue to supply CNG vehicles to fleets of all types. We believe no other company in the market has made the investments in quality that we have,” said John Bacon, BAF president. “We continue to ensure that every aspect of our company is positioned to serve our existing customers as well as the growing market demand for vehicles powered by clean, domestic, cost-efficient CNG fuel,” he added. In addition to the F-Series 250/350 pickups and E-250/350 vans, BAF has CARB EOs for the 2012 F-450/550/650 utility body, the F-53/59 commercial chassis, the E-450 shuttle, and the Ford Transit Connect. Also for 2012, BAF has EPA certifications for all of these vehicles as well as the bifuel CNG E-250/350 vans and F-250/350 pickups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV