Anaren Inc. Stock Upgraded (ANEN)
- ANEN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.93, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 37.30% is the gross profit margin for ANAREN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ANEN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ANEN's net profit margin of 3.30% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 17.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 17.7%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ANAREN INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ANAREN INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $0.94 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 33.5% in earnings ($0.75 versus $1.12).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.