Patti Smith To Release Banga On June 5
NEW YORK, April 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Patti Smith has announced the June 5th release of her eleventh studio album, Banga . This highly-anticipated album marks Smith's first collection of original material since 2004, when she made her Columbia Records debut with the critically-acclaimed trampin' . ' April Fool ,' the first single from Banga , (featuring Tom Verlaine) is available digitally today.
Banga was recorded at Electric Lady Studios in New York City and produced by Patti Smith and her band: Tony Shanahan, Jay Dee Daugherty and her long-time collaborator Lenny Kaye. Featured guests include Tom Verlaine, Jack Petruzzelli, Smith's son Jackson and daughter Jesse Paris.
Inspired by Smith's unique dreams and observations, Banga 's poetic lyrics are a reflection of our complex world – a world that is rife with chaos and beauty. Praised for her storytelling abilities, Smith has crafted an album that captures a wide range of human experience.
There is an exploratory spirit in the songs that make up Banga , including a melodic overture imagining the voyage of Amerigo Vespucci to the New World in 1497 (Amerigo), a rock song for the people of Japan in the wake of last year's earthquake (Fuji-san), a classic ballad in memory of Amy Winehouse (This Is The Girl), an improvised meditation on art and nature (Constantine's Dream) as well as a birthday song written for her friend Johnny Depp (Nine).Patti Smith has received widespread recognition for her 2010 book, Just Kids, the story of her deep friendship with Robert Mapplethorpe and their effect on each other as burgeoning artists. Just Kids earned Smith the 2010 National Book Award for nonfiction as well as an enormous new following. Listeners of all generations will surely relate to the hope, humor, and humanity of Patti Smith's adventurous new album. The full track listing for Banga is as follows:
- April Fool
- This Is The Girl
- Tarkovsky ( The Second Stop is Jupiter)
- Constantine's Dream
- After the Gold Rush
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV