2. Regions Financial
Shares of Regions Financial (RF) of Birmingham, Ala., closed at $6.59 Friday, returning 54% year-to-date, after a 38% decline last year.
The shares trade for nine times the consensus 2013 EPS estimate of 75 cents.
The company owes $3.5 billion in TARP money, which it expects to repay in April.Regions on March 19 commenced a $900 million common stock offering, and said that including the offering's net proceeds of $875 million, the money from its pending sale of Morgan Keegan to Raymond James Financial (RJF) sale and a full redemption of TARP preferred shares held by the U.S Treasury, that its Tier 1 common equity ratio its Tier 1 common equity ratio, based on fourth-quarter numbers, would be a strong 9.51%. The company will report its first-quarter results on April 24, with a consensus EPS estimate of seven cents. Deutsche Bank analyst Matt O'Connor rates Regions a "Buy," and on Friday raised his price target for shares by a dollar, to $7.50. O'Connor's first-quarter outlook for Regions "reflects lower net interest income given lower earning assets (continued run-off of RF's investor real estate and home equity portfolios) and higher mortgage prepayments in the securities book. However, offsets to these
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV