Tungsten Market Update (March 29, 2012)
By Michelle Smith — Exclusive to Tungsten Investing News
The global economy appears to be weighing on the Chinese tungsten market, which is seeing weak demand and falling domestic prices. The situation has reached the point that some smelters have reportedly stopped production. The China Chamber of Commerce of Metals, Minerals & Chemical Importers & Exporters (CCCMC) is not expressing optimism that circumstances will change during the first half of the year.
As is commonly seen, the drop in China's domestic prices has not resulted in the export price for APT being reduced accordingly, so it is still reported at $390 to $395/mtu. On the international market, APT prices have also remained firm over the past month, still in the range of $430 to $440.
It should be noted that the weakness in the Chinese tungsten market has prompted the CCCMC to suggest that the government implement production quotas and encourage the production of high-value tungsten products.Tungsten Market Update (March 29, 2012) from Tungsten Investing News
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV