CHARLOTTE, N.C., March 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In 1903, Kitty Hawk, North Carolina became symbolic to the Carolinas as the site of the "first flight." Now, more than 100 years later, Carowinds is giving guests the opportunity to experience what the Wright Brothers pioneered; the sense of soaring through the air, as the amusement park debuts WindSeeker - a $6.5 million, thirty-story-tall swing ride designed to give riders the feeling of flight.
"This is a must-ride attraction for both families and thrill-seekers alike as the sense of soaring thirty stories in the air is both exhilarating and breathtaking at the same time," said Bart Kinzel, Carowinds' vice president and general manager. "The immense scale of this ride alone is truly stunning as it changes the skyline of Carowinds for the third time in as many years."
With the addition of WindSeeker, guests will notice several enhancements around the new ride, including:
- More than 15,000 square feet of pavers
- Midway shade structures with 20 new benches
- A new patio area outfitted with numerous tables and chairs for guests to relax, grab a bite to eat and enjoy the incredible view!
- Got County: An all-new contemporary country show featuring the newest country sounds.
- Rockin' the Decades: From the early sounds of rock to your favorite 80's hits…this show has it all.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV