"I think it's really up in the air which way they're going to go," says David Di Martino, a Democratic strategist in Washington. "If you believe the predictions you're hearing, I'm happy to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn if you're interested.
The justices made some sort of decision on Friday, and the fate of Obamacare is likely already sealed, but we won't know for certain until June. There's not a firm message to draw based on what Americans and investors have heard.
"If I could get 50-50 odds, I'd put a buck on the mandate," says Greely.
Law professors, lobbyists and business analysts all have a bet, but none of them seem to be making the same one. Until June, investors will likely have to gamble on the ideologies of one or two Supreme Court justices.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. >Follow Joe Deaux on Twitter. Subscribe on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV