SPRINGFIELD, Mass., March 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame is pleased to announce that The Hanover Insurance Group will sponsor the 2012 Class Announcement.
The annual announcement will take place on Monday, April 2 at 11 a.m. CT at the New Orleans Marriott prior to the NCAA Men's Final Four Championship Game that evening. The announcement will be broadcast live on NBA TV and includes:
- Former owner of the Harlem Globetrotters, Mannie Jackson announcing the 2012 winners of the Mannie Jackson -- Basketball's Human Spirit Award
- President & CEO of the Hall of Fame, John Doleva presenting the 2012 Cousy Award winner
- Hall of Famer & HOF Chairman, Jerry Colangelo reporting on Enshrinement
- Jim Nantz of CBS Sports announcing the Class of 2012
"We're very excited to sponsor this event," said Dick Lavey, senior vice president, field operations and marketing at The Hanover. "Our company has a longstanding commitment to community, youth and excellence, and it made sense to partner with an organization that inspires young people to work to achieve excellence and reach their full potential -- and always doing it with integrity.""The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame welcomes and appreciates the support of The Hanover Insurance Group as we make several exciting announcements at our press conference at the Final Four," said John L. Doleva, President & CEO of the Basketball Hall of Fame. "Our brands align perfectly in that both reflect excellence and a commitment to being at the apex of our respective categories." About the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame: Located in Springfield, Massachusetts, the birthplace of basketball, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame promotes and preserves the game of basketball at every level -- professional, collegiate, men and women. For more information on these and other upcoming events, please visit our website at www.hoophall.com or call 1-877-4-HOOPLA About The Hanover Founded in 1852, The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) is proud to be celebrating 160 years of delivering on its promises to its agent partners and their customers. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to businesses, individuals, and families through a select group of agents and brokers, and is ranked among the top 25 property and casualty companies in the United States. Based in Worcester, Mass., The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester, Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, Chaucer Holdings PLC, based in London, and their affiliates. Through Chaucer, the company underwrites business at Lloyd's of London in several major insurance and reinsurance classes, including property, marine and aviation, energy, U.K. motor and casualty. For more information, please visit www.hanover.com. Contact: Hall of Fame: Kevin Foley , Position Sports Media Contact
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV