NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Here are five ETFs to watch this week.
SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY)
This week we kick off the second quarter of 2012. From an economic perspective, the first week of April is a busy one, particularly for the jobs picture. On Friday, all eyes will turn to the monthly nonfarm payroll report. The bar has been set high; during the past three months, we have enjoyed some solid signs of improvement on this front.
History is on the market's side. Over the years, April has consistently proven to be a strong month for stocks. Nevertheless, although the market's strength and resilience during the opening months of the year have boosted confidence, patience is still warranted.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV