Another stock that's just starting to enter breakout territory is TripAdvisor (TRIP), an online travel research company, enabling users to plan and have a trip. This stock is off to a strong start in 2012, with shares up over 40%.
If you take a look at the chart for TripAdvisor, you'll notice that this stock has been in a monster uptrend for the past few months, with shares rising from its January low of $24.57 to its current price of around $36 a share. During that up-move, TRIP has been making mostly higher lows and higher highs, which is bullish price action. Now the stock has started to trigger a breakout trade with shares moving above some near-term overhead resistance, and hitting new 52-week highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV