A biopharmaceutical player that's trading within range of triggering a major breakout is Vivus (VVUS), which is engaged in development and commercialization of therapeutic drugs for large underserved markets, including obesity and related morbidities, such as sleep apnea and diabetes and men's sexual health. This is one of the hottest stocks in 2012, with shares up over 120%.
If you take a look at the chart for Vivus, you'll notice that this stock has been trending within a range of around $18 to $25.14 a share for the past month. This range-bound trend is helpful because it will make it easier to identify the next major move for VVUS. That trend looks to be setting up for a move to the upside since the stock is currently within a shouting distance of making new highs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV