Wyndham Worldwide: S&P Intraday Gainer
The S&P was up 3 points, or 0.21%, to 1,406.28.
Shares of Wyndham Worldwide rose 3.12% to $46.53. The stock was upgraded to buy from neutral by Goldman Sachs analysts on Thursday.
"We are upgrading our rating on Wyndham to Buy from Neutral as we believe there is more upside and growth to Wyndham's core operating fundamentals then currently forecasted," Goldman Sachs analysts wrote in a report Thursday. "Evidence of these opportunities should become more apparent over the next few quarters both on the top line and bottom line. The surge in share price of 50% over the past 12 months (vs. 7.3% for the S&P 500) was driven primarily by better investor understanding of the cash flow and share buyback story, in our view. But now as we look out into the balance of 2012 and 2013 we believe there is another leg to the story and would urge investors to try to capture it."Shares of Wyndham hit a 52-week high Friday of $46.99. The stock's 52-week low of $24.76 was set on Aug. 8. Wyndham has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.63 times; the average for hotel companies is 25.17. For comparison, both Marriott International (MAR) and Starwood Hotels & Resorts (HOT) have higher forward P/Es of 19.51 and 21.17, respectively. Thirteen of the 14 analysts who cover Wyndham Worldwide rated it buy; one analysts gave the stock a sell rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Wyndham Worldwide a B grade with a buy rating and a $55.09 price target. The stock has risen 23.13% year to date. -- Written by Alexandra Zendrian
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV