AKRON, Ohio, March 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of A. Schulman, Inc. (Nasdaq-GS: SHLM) has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.19 per common share, payable May 1, 2012, to shareholders of record on April 19, 2012 . This is an increase of 11.8% from the prior quarter's dividend of $0.17 per common share.
"In raising the quarterly dividend, we are continuing to deliver on our commitment to create value for our shareholders through potential share appreciation and a prudent return of cash," said Joseph M. Gingo, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of A. Schulman. "When combined with our earlier dividend increase announced on October 14, 2011, our quarterly dividend is now 22.6% higher than in the same period last year. This latest dividend increase reflects our confidence in the ability of our business to generate cash and brings our annual yield to approximately 2.8%."
About A. Schulman, Inc.
Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, A. Schulman is a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds and resins. These materials are used in a variety of consumer, industrial, automotive and packaging applications. The Company employs about 3,100 people and has 36 manufacturing facilities globally. A. Schulman reported net sales of $2.2 billion for the fiscal year ended August 31, 2011. Additional information about A. Schulman can be found at www.aschulman.com.Cautionary Note on Forward-Looking Statements A number of the matters discussed in this document that are not historical or current facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments and may constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements can be identified by the fact that they do not relate strictly to historic or current facts and relate to future events and expectations. Forward-looking statements contain such words as "anticipate," "estimate," "expect," "project," "intend," "plan," "believe," and other words and terms of similar meaning in connection with any discussion of future operating or financial performance. Forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and include known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which management is unable to predict or control, that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from those expressed or implied in the forward-looking statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those suggested by these forward-looking statements, and that could adversely affect the Company's future financial performance, include, but are not limited to, the following:
- worldwide and regional economic, business and political conditions, including continuing economic uncertainties in some or all of the Company's major product markets or countries where the Company has operations;
- the effectiveness of the Company's efforts to improve operating margins through sales growth, price increases, productivity gains, and improved purchasing techniques;
- competitive factors, including intense price competition;
- fluctuations in the value of currencies in major areas where the Company operates;
- volatility of prices and availability of the supply of energy and raw materials that are critical to the manufacture of the Company's products, particularly plastic resins derived from oil and natural gas;
- changes in customer demand and requirements;
- effectiveness of the Company to achieve the level of cost savings, productivity improvements, growth and other benefits anticipated from acquisitions and restructuring initiatives;
- escalation in the cost of providing employee health care;
- uncertainties regarding the resolution of pending and future litigation and other claims;
- the performance of the global automotive market; and
- further adverse changes in economic or industry conditions, including global supply and demand conditions and prices for products.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.