- We expect to see a pick-up in volatility from very low levels in the second quarter, as election fever grips Europe, China emerges from a period of weak growth and shifts in central bank policy cause waves in global financial markets.
- Stocks to face a tougher quarter as investors concentrate on growth and the future direction of central bank policy. While stocks won't fall precipitously, expect some pretty big pull-backs especially in European markets
- Australia to register lackluster growth and the Reserve Bank of Australia will remain on hold, with the direction of the Aussie dependent on what happens in China.
- In the commodity sphere, gold to make a bottom before attempting another stab at last year's highs. Also, will copper finally break out of its range and chase crude oil higher?
FOREX.com 2Q Outlook: Optimism To Drain From Markets As Eurozone Concerns Resurface
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts