- We expect to see a pick-up in volatility from very low levels in the second quarter, as election fever grips Europe, China emerges from a period of weak growth and shifts in central bank policy cause waves in global financial markets.
- Stocks to face a tougher quarter as investors concentrate on growth and the future direction of central bank policy. While stocks won't fall precipitously, expect some pretty big pull-backs especially in European markets
- Australia to register lackluster growth and the Reserve Bank of Australia will remain on hold, with the direction of the Aussie dependent on what happens in China.
- In the commodity sphere, gold to make a bottom before attempting another stab at last year's highs. Also, will copper finally break out of its range and chase crude oil higher?
FOREX.com 2Q Outlook: Optimism To Drain From Markets As Eurozone Concerns Resurface
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.