LONDON, March 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc (NYSE: RDS.A) (NYSE: RDS.B) (the 'Company') announces that it has entered into an irrevocable, non-discretionary arrangement with an independent third party to enable the purchase of 'B' ordinary shares, for cancellation, during its 2012 first quarter results close period. The close period commences on 1 April 2012 and is up to and including 26 April 2012.
As previously announced, the purpose of the share buy-back programme is to offset dilution created by the issuance of shares for the Company's Scrip Dividend Programme. At this time, it is less economic for the Company to purchase 'A' ordinary shares under the share buy-back programme due to Dutch dividend withholding Tax rules.
Any purchases will be effected within certain pre-set parameters and in accordance with the Company's general authority to repurchase shares and Chapter 12 of the Listing Rules.Enquiries Shell Media Relations International, UK, European Press: +31-70-377-3600 Shell Investor Relations Europe: +31-70-377-3996 United States: +1-713-241-2069 SOURCE Royal Dutch Shell plc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV