What I'm going to do is I'm going to give you a quick overview of Sigma-Aldrich, I going to talk about some of the markets and the trends and how it impacts us as a company. And of course, I'm going to talk to you about how we are positioning the company for the future, our strategic priorities and where you can expect this company is going in the next several years.
So with that -- our vision remains the same. It's simple, it's to enable science to improve the quality of life. And that it has an enduring purpose that has endured for many years. And if you'd look at our mission statement, it's to be the trusted and preeminent global provider to both the research laboratory, as well as targeted commercial markets. So we are playing, and we'll talk a lot about that today, in the lab space but also in targeted commercial markets and adjacencies.
Just some facts about the company. We have a global franchise that is extremely strong. And that strength really is in the diversity of what this company does. We have diversity in the products that we offer, the services that we offer, we have diversity in the geographic segments that we play in and we have diversity in the end market. So as you see, for most of you who've been following us, you can see that from a geographic standpoint, very quickly the feast of our business in the emerging markets that we refer to usually as APLA, as in Asia-Pacific and Latin America, has been growing. And that's about 23% of the business. And Eric Green, who runs that part of the business is going to, kind of, talk to you more about that in the end this morning, about very exciting things happening. If you look at the end market, again about 1/3 of our business is tied to pharma and biotech, about 1/3 is tied to the Industrial segment and close to a little less than 1/3 of our 25% is tied to academia and government institutions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV