PARK RIDGE, N.J. and SAN ANTONIO, Texas, March 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro and The Hertz Corporation today officially unveiled a new transportation option for San Antonio with the launch of Hertz on Demand car sharing program. To celebrate the launch of Hertz on Demand, the Company is offering members, through April 30, the opportunity to receive their first hour of usage free when reserving and using a car for seven hours or less.
Beginning today, vehicles are available in three different locations throughout downtown San Antonio. As the program expands, the plan is to add 15 cars in additional areas, with the goal of serving future demand, improving convenience and enhancing air quality in the center city.
"This is another important step toward providing multiple transportation options to residents and visitors in order to bring San Antonio closer to the SA2020 goals of creating a more energy efficient community. The City is proud to add car share to the growing list of dynamic transportation choices in San Antonio," said Mayor Castro.Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. The service is a pay-as-you-go system, providing members with 24/7 access to vehicles located throughout downtown San Antonio. It has more than 120,000 members and is available in six countries and on approximately 60 university campuses. "Car sharing is becoming an increasingly viable transportation option in cities across the country because of its economic and eco-friendly benefits. Nationally, car sharing has proven to help reduce miles of travel, vehicle emissions and energy consumption. The City of San Antonio is excited to partner with Hertz on Demand to bring additional transportation options to those who live and work in downtown," said City Manager Sheryl Sculley. The three initial locations of the Car Share Program in San Antonio, with additional locations to launch in the coming weeks, are:
- 200 block of Market St. (across from Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center)
- Blue Star Arts Complex, 1400 S. Alamo St.
- 300 block of West Houston St. (near the Alameda Theater)
- Free membership. Hertz On Demand has no enrollment fee or annual membership fee, and offers low hourly and daily rates
- No late fees. Hertz On Demand members will not receive punitive charges/late fees for the late return of a vehicle
- Rental fleet options including the Nissan Sentra, Chevy Malibu and Chevy Cruze. Hertz On Demand also plans to add a diversity of car sizes including electric vehicles, such as the Nissan Leaf, to its fleet in the coming weeks.
- 180 miles a day, gas and insurance are included in the rates.
- Daily rates on Hertz rental cars for longer trips; Ability to rent a car for up to 30 days
- Unparalleled member service including 24/7 live, in-car assistance from a team of Hertz Member Care experts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV