Williams is slated to report its fiscal first-quarter results on April 25, and the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for earnings of 36 cents a share in the March-ending period on revenue of $1.95 billion.
Check out TheStreet's quote page for Williams for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
Research In Motion
It was another shaky quarter for Research In Motion (RIMM) as the BlackBerry maker's fiscal fourt-quarter results missed expectations and it said it no longer plans to provide "specific quantitative guidance" because of "continued pressure on revenue and earnings throughout fiscal 2013."
The company posted non-GAAP earnings of 80 cents per share on $4.2 billion in revenue in its fiscal fourth quarter. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a profit of 81 cents a share on revenue of $4.5 billion from the Waterloo, Ontario-based company.In addition, a number of key executives were also severing ties with Research In Motion; most notably Jim Balsillie, former co-CEO, who is resigning from the board. "[T]he business challenges we face over the next several quarters are significant and I am taking the necessary steps to address them," said Thorsten Heins, the company's president and CEO, in a statement. Heins, who has been CEO for just 10 weeks, also said the BlackBerry 10 is still on track for launch "in the latter part of calendar 2012." The stock was last quoted at $13.53, down 1.5%, on after-hours volume of 5.8 million, according to Nasdaq.com. The shares dropped as low as $12.37 in the extended session but have clawed back somewhat. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV