RIM Misses Estimates; Key Execs Resign (Update 1)
Meantime, former co-CEO Jim Balsillie resigned from the board of directors. "As I complete my retirement from RIM, I'm grateful for this remarkable experience and for the opportunity to have worked with outstanding professionals who helped turn a Canadian idea into a global success," Balsillie said in the press release. The company's CTO, David Yach and Jim Rowan, COO, Global Operations are leaving the company as well.
Heins took over for co-CEOs Jim Balsillie and Mike Lazaridis earlier this year.
The company shipped over 500,000 PlayBooks and 11.1 million smartphones in the fourth quarter, and said it ended the period with more than 77 million subscribers.
Interested in more on Research In Motion? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV